Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CATV presentation mungmingmungming
Transcript of CATV presentation mungmingmungming
Cable Television (CATV)
1. Paponpan Sopajitwattana ID:5422780734
2. Chanya Lueangwattana ID:5422781203
3. Ramita Pinsuwannakub ID:5422781914
4. Natthida Thaweewong ID:5422790683
What is 'CATV' ?
1. Coaxial Cable
2. Hybrid Fiber Cable (HFC)
Types of Cables
HFC = coaxial cable + optical fiber
(Radio Frequency over Glass)
RFoG is the passive optical design network which composed of the fiber optic and coaxial cable as same as HFC but in RFoG, fiber optic as higher ratio than coaxial cable.
- What is CATV ?
+ Only coaxial
( Optical Fiber +coaxial )
- What is HFC?
- Component of HFC
- The process
coaxial and HFC
In the future
- stands for cable television or community antenna television
What is HFC?
of HFC Network?
- the distribution system that supports many services such as broadcast television and high speed internet access.
- utilize single mode and multi-mode signal
(Direct To Home)
The signal is transmitted by the satellite through Ku spectrum band
2. Multiband amplifier
3. Channel converter
4. RF modulator
1. Trunk Amplifier (TA)
2. Extension Amplifier (EA)
( Radio Frequency )
but less maintenance cost
higher frequency BW
(up to 750 MHz)
frequency BW upto
350 MHz or 450 MHz
more flexibility, can adapt to
new services without changing existing parameter
lighter weight and thinner
can not be cascaded with no
skill required for installation
easier to install
"HFC" or "hybrid fibre-coaxial" is a communication medium
The basic signal that be used on TV in condominium or apartment.
There is the only basic channel such as 3,5,7,9, NBT and Thai PBS.
RF signal get from a large antennas on towers and transmit the signal through the cable
Master Antenna TV
a technology used to service multiple use facilities with a number of television outlets from one antenna system.
The process is same with CATV but MATV can use in shorter distance around 100m to 200m.
In long distance transmitting, the signal is easy to lose
HFC was first used in a TV transmission
in Australia by
"Telstra" and "Optus" in early 1990's.
Using coaxial cable
One way video broadcast
HFC (Hybrid fibre-coaxial)
Using amplifier cascades
One-way video broadcast topology
CATV using HFC
Original CATV Network
Using fiber optic at the head end replace Coaxial and amplifier
Simple HFC network
Solve the problem about noise and reliability
- adding the optical RING topography
Advanced HFC Network with
more reliability, support larger bandwidth, and support two-way operation