Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Sebastian Rodriguez Cermeno
Transcript of Sebastian Rodriguez Cermeno
By Betty and Emma
Sebastian tried to explore the California coast but failed to find a protected harbor. But he did manage to do a good job at mapping the coast. He started to sail ships to trade between the Philippines and New Spain.
Sebastian was born in Portugal. He was a good navigator. He set sail to trade March, 1594. He set sail with a small amount of boats and a launch. The boat left Manila July 5, 1595.
They saw land near the border of California and Oregon. But a ferocious storm lied in their path. They all wanted to go back to Acapulco, except Sebastian. He sailed farther up the coast, then stayed in a small bay. He named it Le Baya De Francisco, now called Drake's Bay.
Sebastian charted a lot about California's coast. But he lost his main boat and 12 sailors. But the remaining 7 still survived, heading back to Acapulco in January 1596.