Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Resistance
Resistance limits the amount of current flowing through a wire from a suplied voltage. We learn this from Ohm's law.
Yet resistance is a property of a conductor.
It depends upon its geometry, as well as what the material is. Different materials have more or less free electrons and spacing/interaction between the nuclei.
5 A of current flow through a 0.5 mm diameter 2.5 m long wire when a potential of 1 V is placed on it. What is the resistivity of this conductor?
A 9 V batter is connected to a 75 m long silver wire having a diameter of .25 mm. What is the current in this wire