Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of HYBRID CARS:
MPG: 36 City/ 39 Hwy
CAR COST EFFECTIVE?
2013 BMW Active Hybrid 3
2013 Audi A4 2.0T
2013 Cadillac Escalade
2013 GMC Yukon
- between $5,000 and $10,000 more than the standard version
Higher maintenance costs
- complexity of dual compulsion system
- lower emissions
- better mileage per gallon
- tax benefit and savings
Higher resale values !!!
TOP 10 HYBRID MYTHS:
1. You need to plug in a hybrid car.
2. Hybrid batteries need to be replaced.
3. Hybrids are a new phenomenon.
4. People buy hybrids only to save money on gas.
5. Hybrids are expensive.
6. Hybrids are small and underpowered.
7. Only liberals buy hybrids.
8. Hybrids pose a threat to first responders.
9. Hybrids will solve all our transportation, energy, and environmental problems.
10. Hybrid technology is only a fad.
Starting Price: $18,950
53 mpg city/46 highway
Starting Price: $16,800
28 mpg city/37 highway
Starting Price: $17,015
MPG: 27 City/ 33 Hwy
BMW Active Hybrid 3
Starting Price: $49,650
MPG: city 25/ hwy 33
Audi A4 2.OT
Starting Price: 33,400
MPG: city 22/ hwy 32
BMW 3 Series
Hybrid Starting Price: $75,420
MPG: 20 City / 23 Highway
Standard Model Starting Price: $63,745
MPG: 14 City / 18 Highway
Hybrid Starting Price $54,145
MPG: 20 city / 23 highway
Standard Model Starting Price: $41,760
MPG: 15 City / 21 Highway
It would take about 6.8 years to break even in city type driving or 13 years to break even at 15,000 miles a year. Combined ~10 years.
How we compare cars:
Cars of the same chassis/platform
Gas price @ 3.15
Average of 15,000 a year
When it makes sense to get a hybrid
You drive a lot in a mixed/ city environment
You tend to keep a car a long time
You enjoy not filling up all the time
You don't need the fastest car on the road
You care about the environment
What is the breakeven Point?
It would take about 11.5 years to break even in city type driving or 20.5 years to break even at 15,000 miles a year assuming gas prices are $3.15.
What is the Breakeven Point?
It would take about 15.7 years to break even in city type driving or 20.5 years to break even at 15,000 miles a year assuming gas prices are $3.15.
It would take about 108.3 years to break even in city or highway type driving.
What is a Hybrid Car?
A vehicle that uses two or more distinct power sources to move the vehicle.
Electric Vehicle Battery
Pros & Cons
+ Powerful hybrid powertrain
-Poor fuel economy for a hybrid
-High price for luxury hybrid