Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Jordan Pham, Tyson Wong
Transcript of Jordan Pham, Tyson Wong
- less rapid fire, less hectic
- a lot of close range action
- not many people died quickly all at once because of low firing of guns
- grapeshot's (cannons), fire cannons to attack enemy artillery and troops at long range, switched and fired grapes at nearby enemy troops charged
- nock guns, very powerful seven-barreled volley gun, hard to control and aim Industrial Age The Digital Age In our opinion, the Gatling gun hasn't really changed society positively because it has been used many times in wars. But, the slight positive may be that since Richard J. Gatling invented the Gatling gun so that less soldiers would have to fight in the wars because the amount of rounds the Gatling gun produced. There is no proof that the Gatling gun truly changed the amount of soldiers that were sent in for armies to fight in wars. The Gatling Gun has helped many armies to defeating their enemies at war by killing their troops, yet it is still important to us today. Why? The Gatling Gun has helped improve the machine guns in warfare. For example, the Gatling Gun has helped create the Mini gun and Vulcan, which are machine guns used today, in the air or on land. Machine guns can now be used in helicopters and air crafts, not just carried around heavily by army troops. The Future In the future, we think the Gatling gun will still be used as a weapon. Whether on aircraft's or on land and even on small navy ships, the Gatling gun will be used and modified to a whole new level. There may be one gun that is put together so there are two Gatling guns combined into one gun. Also, people will find new ways to attach the Gatling gun onto aircrafts, fighter planes, and jets. They could attach the gun to the wings or even on the front tip of the plane or jet. With new technology and more to discover, sometime in the future, the Gatling gun may turn to one of the lightest machine guns to carry, but still carry out its massive rounds and power. By: Jordan Pham, Tyson Wong The Agricultural Age Function- used in wars about mid-late 1800s for rapid fire / non-automatic gun / hand-cranked
– Richard J. Gatling in 1862
How it works- cycling mutli-barrel gun/ each barrel fired a single shot when it was in the certain position of the cycle and reloaded a new round after/ first Gatling gun fired about 200 rounds a minute
– first successful machine gun
- able to fire continuously - eliminated the use of more soldiers in armies
– one of the first machine guns, helped revolutionize the machine gun and reloading of guns (MINIGUN)
– less soldiers were in war because the use of Gatling guns rapid firing About Richard J. Gatling - North Carolina died in 1903, born in 1818
- invented Gatling gun because he found out that most soldiers were dying in the fields from diseases and not gunfire so he invented the gun so one person could fire as many as hundreds of soldiers could
– first became a doctor of medicine and then became interested in firearms and became an inventor http://www.history.com/topics/gatling-gun/videos#jet-mounted-gatling-gun-rev1 -The use of the modern Gatling gun is usually used on the army’s helicopters.
-The AH-G1 Cobra carried one or two more Gatling guns in the chin
-With usually around 2 to 4 thousand rounds of ammo.
-The Americans tried to scale down the Gatling gun further down and resulting to the weapon known as
XM-24 micro gun.
-This gun was a little beast that could fire up to 10,000 rounds.
-But being so powerful it was almost useless, because it was too heavy for infantry to use during war.
-Too much recoil and rate of fire so soldiers couldn’t carry the gun around,
-It had to be mounted for the gun to be useful in any way. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jordan_Gatling http://www.history.com/topics/gatling-gun
http://www.history.com/topics/gatling-gun/videos#jet-mounted-gatling-gun-rev1 http://www.pbs.org/thewar/images/inline_pics/landing_at_war_03.jpg http://www.globalfailure.com/images/gatling.jpg http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/FWWgatling.jpg http://thisiswarblog.wordpress.com/2012/06/25/before-gatling-who-was-the-first-to-invent-the-rapid-fire-gun/ http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/P5230010.jpg http://d2d04grx5ahzvh.cloudfront.net/147_Basix_ModoGatling/GattlingGun2.jpg http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110701092958/sonicfanon/images/5/58/Render2ly4.jpg http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_30-cal_GAU17_minigun_pic.jpg http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WVgw_dhlLgI/To09rKpaOKI/AAAAAAAASk8/GuTN8G6NWWg/s1600/Minigun+%25281%2529.jpg http://world.guns.ru/machine/jap/minigun-and-other-e.html