Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Jonathan Moreland
Latitude and Longitude
is the way to find the coordinates on a map.
Latitude is the line going East and West or side to side.
Longitude is the black line going North and South or up down.
1. find the following coordinates on the grid do the blue dot first.
The prime meridian
a planet's meridian adopted as the zero of longitude.
The equator is an imaginary line drawn around the earth equally distant from both poles, dividing the earth into northern and southern hemispheres and constituting the parallel of latitude 0°.
Answer: 25 North, 20 East
To find the coordinate you need to locate the latitude and longitude line then follow them in till they meat.
1. Find the coordinates on this world map.
1. Find the coordinates on this Africa Map
Answer: O, 20 North
1.The measure of how far north or south a place is from the equator is
2. The measure of how far east or west of the Prime Meridian a place is located is
3.The latitude line at 0 degrees latitude is
3. The equator
4. The line at 0 degrees longitude is
4. The Prime Meridian
5. How far a location is from the equator effects
The climate of the area
This is the prime meridian
This is the equator