Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The body at war 1
Transcript of The body at war 1
Think of the last time that you were ill.
Write down what you understand CAUSED it
There are ______ basic kinds of disease: __________ and _____ i___________s. Non _______ diseases are caused by the env________, che_____ or me______ reasons and inf_______ d_______s are caused by b_________, v________ and p______ns, p__________ and an_______s.
To know the definition of disease
To know the causes of disease
To know how diseases can spread
1. Direct contact
2. From animals to person
3. From mother to unborn child
Give examples of each......
Infectious diseases can be caused by:
Bacteria. These one-cell organisms are responsible for illnesses, such as strep throat, urinary tract infections and tuberculosis.
Viruses. Even smaller than bacteria, viruses cause a multitude of diseases — ranging from the common cold to AIDS.
Fungi. Many skin diseases, such as ringworm and athlete's foot, are caused by fungi. Other types of fungi can infect your lungs or nervous system.
Parasites. Malaria is caused by a tiny parasite that is transmitted by a mosquito bite. Other parasites may be transmitted to humans from animal feces.