Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of TOBACCO INDUSTRY
I. Introduction to the tobacco industry
II. Allegations made to the industry, share price & capitalization
III. Industry response to allegations
IV. The industry shareholders with focus on investors
The Stakeholders of the Industry
Meet our friend, baby Aldi Rizal of Sumatra, Indonesia
The Tobacco Industry:
No Reputation but very Profitable
And another friend, Anne Edwards
THE PERFECT INDUSTRY...
“ THE PERFECT INDUSTRY….
… MAKING FOR A PENNY
…SELLING FOR A DOLLAR
… AND ITS ADDICTIVE”
The Industry over the Decades
Summary of Allegations made to the Industry
1. Smoking kills
- Nicotine & Addiction
- Passive Smoking
3. Marketing to Children
4. Excessive Advertisement
2. Tobacco Exacerbates Poverty
5. Damages to the environment
Big Tobacco Response
Market Development & Small businesses acquisition
Share Price & Capitalization
“Tobacco stocks were famously 'priced to zero’ a decade ago when regulation and laws came in restricting marketing and advertising in developed countries. Expansion into emerging markets has proved that even these stocks can continue to grow and be good investments.”
- Darius McDermott of Chelsea Financial Services
How tobacco companies engage their investors?
Why is the tobacco industry despite the endless attacks on its reputation remain resilient?
while listening to our presentation!
But, you may go and smoke now
Corporate social responsibility
After the presentation, we hope you can tell us how the tobacco industry manages its most important stakeholders?
INVESTMENTS IN THE TOBACCO COMPANY
THE STAKEHOLDERS OF THE INDUSTRY
Who is the most dangerous stakeholders?