Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Welcome to Back to School Night!
Transcript of Welcome to Back to School Night!
with Mrs. Paulik
The AP Bio Exam
The College Board
Morning of Monday May 14th, 2018 - $94
AP Biology Equations and Formulas Sheet provided
(no penalties for guessing)
10 minute reading time
80 minute writing period
2 long free response questions
How much college credit is earned for each score level depends on the College/University
AP GRADE QUALIFICATION
5 Extremely well qualified
4 Well qualified
2 Possibly qualified
1 No recommendation
* Investigation of Natural Selection in Brine Shrimp
* Mathematical Modeling: Hardy-Weinberg
* Comparison of DNA Sequences Using BLAST
* Diffusion and Osmosis
* Cellular Respiration
* Cell Division: Mitosis and Meiosis
* Biotechnology: Bacterial Transformation
* Biotechnology: Restriction Enzyme Analysis of DNA
* Energy Dynamics in Ecosystems
* Artificial Selection
* Animal Behavior
* Enzyme Catalysis
Same company that produces the SAT
1. The process of evolution drives the diversity and unity of life.
2. Biological systems utilize free energy and molecular building blocks to grow, to reproduce, and to maintain dynamic homeostasis.
3. Living systems store, retrieve, transmit, and respond to information essential to life processes.
4. Biological systems interact, and these systems and their interactions possess complex properties.
AP Biology Content Areas
5. Membranes and Transport
6. Energy and Metabolism
9. DNA Structure and Function
10. Signal Transduction and Gene Expression
11. Genes and Development
12. Homeostasis and Physiology
AP Biology Science Process Skills
1. The student can use representations and models to communicate scientific phenomena and solve scientific problems
2. The student can use mathematics appropriately
3. The student can engage in scientific questioning to extend thinking or to guide investigations within the context of the AP course
4. The student can plan and implement data collection strategies appropriate to a particular scientific question
5. The student can perform data analysis and evaluation of evidence
6. The student can work with scientific explanations and theories
7. The student is able to connect and relate knowledge across various scales, concepts, and representations in and across domains
Part A: 63 Multiple Choice questions on content knowledge and process skills
Part B: 6 "grid-in" mathematics application questions
6 short free response questions
Frequently Asked Questions...
* Summer Assignment
* Homework/ Late assignment policy
* Extra Help
* Biology E/M SAT Subject Test
* Regents Living Environment Exam
Thank you for coming to Back to School Night!
If you have any additional questions, please contact me via email or phone.
The revised AP® Biology course addresses this challenge by shifting from a traditional “content coverage” model of instruction to one that focuses on enduring,
and the content that supports them.
This approach will enable students to
spend less time on factual recall and more time on inquiry-based learning
of essential concepts, and will
help them develop the reasoning skills
necessary to engage in the science practices used throughout their study of AP Biology.
Please sign in!
Why should students take an AP Class?
* Demonstrates strong character, maturity, and motivation
* It helps students develop important skills that will better prepare them for college.
* AP Students stand out during the College Admissions process
* Depending on their AP Exam score, students may earn college credits and/or may skip introductory college classes.
"4 Big Ideas"