Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of HIV/AIDS
What You Need to Know
A presentation brought to you by:
Yavapai County Community Health
WHAT ARE H.I.V. and A.I.D.S.
H.I.V. Stands For...
A.I.D.S. Stands For...
Contact With Blood
Any activity involving direct contact between blood and blood or blood and sexual fluids is a risk for HIV transmission
" Unprotected " Sex
Sexual fluids can transmit HIV
" Vertical " Transmission
With access to appropriate interventions, HIV+ mothers are highly unlikely to transmit the virus to their children.
HIV is NOT transmitted by...
Sharing needles / works
Rough sex that creates bleeding (especially anal sex)
Eating or drinking from the same dishes
Mosquitoes or other biting insects
Can I Tell if Someone Has H.I.V. ?
WHAT CAN I DO TO PREVENT THE TRANSMISSION OF H.I.V.
Practice Safer Sex!
Male Condoms: 12 Steps
Abstinence is the only certain method of preventing the sexual transmission of H.I.V.
Positive or negative, knowing your HIV status empowers you to make informed decisions about your sexual health.
2. Check the expiration date
1. Get consent
4. Slide condom to the
side & open
5. Look for the correct direction to roll down
6. Check for a reservoir tip or create one
7. Squeeze air from tip
8. Place additional lubricant on the condom/vaginal tract, if using
9. Roll Condom down to the base of the penis
Engage in the activity of your choice.
10. Hold condom to base of penis and withdraw
11. Knot condom and throw away
(not down the toilet!)
12. Clean up- cleanse genitals & hands
3.Check for air in package
How can we
Northland Cares is an HIV
specialty clinic in Prescott, AZ.
In addition to free &
confidential HIV testing, we also provide free safer sex materials to the community.
The Sexual Network
Barriers: Male and Female Condoms, Dental Dams
What to expect from the H.I.V. Rapid Test
The HIV 1/2 Clearview Rapid Test takes 15 minutes to register a result.
It is a finger stick test.
While the test is running, your tester will ask a series of questions about past behaviors in order to determine risk.
All tests are confidential.
Communicating With Your Partner
Talking about STIs can be uncomfortable,
but for many people it is an important way to show respect for yourself and for your partner.
What can I do to reduce my risk?