Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Film Studies: Unit 6 - Four Quadrant Films
Transcript of Film Studies: Unit 6 - Four Quadrant Films
Turn in a typed reflection paper (5 paragraphs) in which you address the similarities and differences between these two films and their respective appeal.
Take-Home Exam (Due 12/3)
The most lucrative films in history are deliberately designed to have a FOUR QUADRANT APPEAL.
"The Four Quadrant Film"
What makes "Raiders of the Lost Ark" work for a four-quadrant audience? Defend your argument in a well-reasoned academic paragraph submitted to Edmodo by the start of Thursday's class.
Unit 6: Four-Quadrant Films
(and the evolution of the MPAA)
"Willful suspension of disbelief"
"Breaking the fourth wall"
character speaks directly to audience
(remember Samuel Taylor Coleridge?)
TONAL INDICATORS include: