Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Impulse Energy Drink
Transcript of Impulse Energy Drink
: Converted to form methlycobalamin.
Physiological role of each of the molecules:
The Normal Physiological response to Increased Intake of Sugars
Impulse Energy Drink
What is an "Energy Drink"?
It is a special formulated drink that provides the body with extra energy during times of physical stress or strain.
What does Impulse Energy Drink do?
Increase physical and mental alertness
Improves reaction time an concentration
Stimulates metabolism, blood circulation, and central nervous system
Reduce stress recovery period
Enhances muscle tone and unbalanced electrolytic level
Ingredients contribute to Body Repair
When we say that something gives us “energy”, what does that mean? What is a biological definition of energy?
When we say something gives us energy, we are talking about how it raises out metabolic rate (the amount of energy expended in a given period).
The biological definition of energy is what is stored by cells. When molecules are being oxidized during respiration, which is then finally transported using ATP.
Impulse Energy Drink energizes and revitalizes the body, mind and soul,and has a pleasant, refreshing taste!
What is Impulse Energy Drink?
Impulse gets energy from a simple source: nutrients, minerals, and vitamins that occurs naturally in the body and food we eat.
Evaluation of Case Study Questions
Inhibit the synthesis of toxic by-products.
Sweet crystalline solid compound commonly known as table sugar.
: It is a conjugated via its amino terminal group with chenodeoxycholic acid and cholic acid.
dehydration on water retention and aldosterone effects on sodium balance.
Water that has carbon dioxide in it to make it bubble.
used in calcium mediated cell signaling hormones.
Function of enzyme.
Pyridoxine HCl (VitaminB6):
Proper function of sugars, fats and proteins in the body.
Required for the synthesis of collagen, carnitine, catecholamine and the neurotransmitter norepinephrine.
Ingredients that provide energy
Vitamin B6 and B12
plays a major role in the body’s ability to generate energy from nutrients provided by the foods we eat. It improves overall performance and stamina.
Sucrose and glucose
are the common simple carbohydrates that supply “quick energy” fuel to the body.
also provides energy. It is already produced by the body when lactose breaks down. This natural metabolite and carbohydrate provides the system with an instant energy boost.
also breakdown nutrients to produce energy which helps to maintain a healthy metabolism.
is associated with the connective tissue in the human body, it easily repairs broken tissue caused by heavy physical exercise.
• Taurine can also help body repair because it draws water into muscles resulting in additional nutrient absorption. As a result, muscles become more hydrated, helping to prevent muscle protein breakdown, leading to increased protein synthesis.
is an ingredients that contribute to body repair because it acts as an antioxidant, helping to protect cells from damaged caused by free radicals (our bodies convert the food we eat into energy). It also helps the immune system to work properly.
The increased of intake of sugars causes to increased blood glucose level which results to an increase of insulin production.
In addition, the intake sugars can turn into fat into different parts of your body.
Moreover, the more intake sugar you have on your body, the more risk on being obesity and chronic disease such as heart disease
The Normal Physiological response to Increased Intake of Caffeine
• The increased of intake of caffeine can cause your blood vessels to increase and your heart beat faster. When you intake too much caffeine it may cause anxiety, insomnia, nausea, dizziness, vomiting etc.
Is there such thing as a “sugar high”?
No. there is no such thing as ‘’sugar high”!
Based on researchers, they found out that there is no such thing as “sugar high”.
In 1995, the Journal of the American Medical Association published a review of 23 of these studies, conducted between 1982 and 1994, and found no link between sugar consumption and kids’ behaviour.
Also, in research on adults, it also shows similar results. In 1997 in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. They monitored and investigate and they saw nothing.
• I would simply buy a can of coke rather than one of these energy drinks because coke is healthier than energy drinks. Coke only contains 34 mg of caffeine while Impulse contains 88 mg of caffeine which is far most dangerous than coke and we all know that caffeine is bad for our body if we take too much of it.
• The ingredients in the energy drinks can relate to cellular respiration because the ingredients allows to produce or convert energy into the body which is the same thing as cellular respiration which breakdown nutrient molecule to produce cellular energy known as ATP (energy).
What they claim
What they claim