Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Committee on Security and Defence
Transcript of Committee on Security and Defence
European Defence Community (EDC)
An inter-governmental organisation consisting of both EU and non-EU states within Europe.
Aims at coordinating military cooperation and mutual defence.
The EDC member governments will coordinate the implimentation of the agreement.
Any European country can join the EDC on a voluntary basis.
Set up for Member States most severely affected by the repercussions of economic sanctions imposed on non-EU states.
Established in order to mitigate economic and diplomatic considerations impeding a principled foreign policy independent of moral compromise.
Based on a combined-arms, battalion-sized force, reinforced with combat-support and combat service-support elements, all provided by member states on a rotating basis.
Set up as rapid response units for humanitarian aid and peacekeeping missions under the umbrella of the CSDP.
Decisions on the utilisation of battle groups in crises situations remains the prerogative of the European Council.