Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Advocacy Website
Corrine What is the rhetorical puropse of this assignment?
To create our own website from the ground up
Why are we doing this assignment? This website is being created for teaching purposes
Others can go to become more informed on our topic of choice
This website can also aid us in our lit review primary research What are we learning from doing this? How to build and design our own website
How to effectively advocate for an important cause How does this assignment build on previous assignments?
In our last assingments, we have used genres and analyzed them in order to deepen our understanding of discourse community.
As we know, a genre is a form of communication such as a book, a billboard, or a blog (which we will be building). Who is the imagined audience? Consider discourse communities. All of our peers (as they will be informed of the website)
Our professor, Ms. Frazier
Anyone else with internet access that comes across the website Where can your students find this assignment in the e-guide? Pages 578-592
learning moduls: advocacy website on blackbooard What are the due dates? Due date for test run is two weeks from now (week ten) and the completed website is due on the week of finals (8 weeks from now)
Page requirements / length? Homepage 50-75 words
Summary, "About me", and connection to relevant assignments 50 words each Technology needed? Computer with internet access
And your choice of: I-Web (on the MAC), Weebly.com, Yola.com, Webs.com, Google web pages Pageflakes Blogger Wikis (wetpaint, pbworks, etc.) Components of the assignment... Homepage
About me page
Connection to relevant assignments
Copyright and fair use information What kind and how much evidence is required? One should provide evidence (aka citations) of credible sources so information contained in website appears relieable to readers What are the first steps your peers should take to start this assignment? First, determine what way you want your website to influence public policy (ex. awareness and plan of action, propose solution, or simply provide a space for argument)
Secondly, chose a template provided or web software that goes in accordance with their design plan which consists of: - What typeface and colors will you use? Will you use graphics, pictures, or images?
- In what order will you arrange your ideas?
- How will you use ethos, pathos, and logos?
- Where and how on your website will you use your previous assignments from the class?
- How will you use hyperlinks? For images? For words? QUIZ TIME!! Where can you find this assignment in the e-guide? When is this assignment due? What's the general purpose of the assignment? Name two components of the assignment... What technology is needed for this assignment? pages 578-592 two weeks and eight weeks from now to educate others on our topic homepage resources page
about me page images
summary fair use info computer with internet access