Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
AQA ENGLISH GCSE UNIT 1 REVISION
Transcript of AQA ENGLISH GCSE UNIT 1 REVISION
ENGLISH LANGUAGE UNIT 1
(EXAMINATION) REVISION TASK 1: COLLATION AND INFERENCE 1. Underline the important words in the task
2.Underline this information as you read through
the article (it will be a media article)
3. Re-read the article, making sure you have
4.write your summary - use quotations and then
say what these infer (this is like very basic
WRITE A PAGE AND A BIT TASK 2: ANALYSIS OF KEY FEATURES You need to analyse the effectiveness of the
key features and link to the main article. Write
2. Paragraph 1: How is the headline effective and
how does it link to the article?
3. Paragraph 2: How is the sub-headline effective
and how does it link to the article?
4. Paragraph 3: How is the picture effective
and how does it link to the article?
WRITE A PAGE AND A BIT TASK 3: ANALYSIS of whole article 1. This task will probably ask you to identify how
the writer creates tension or emotion in the article
(which will probably be literary non-fiction).
2. Choose key quotations and analyse these in detail.
3. No introduction, no conclusion necessary.
4. DETAILED ANALYSIS.
WRITE A PAGE AND A BIT
"USE QUOTATIONS" LINK TO THE MAIN ARTICLE -
YOU CAN USE
QUOTATIONS TO DO THIS
"USE QUOTATIONS" WHAT DO YOUR QUOTATIONS
ACTUALLY MEAN? (INFERENCE) NO INTRODUCTION NO CONCLUSION YOUR ENGLISH
so listen! Look at the picture carefully -
what is the main feature? What is
in the background? Are the colours
symbolic? gather the information
together - collation TASK 4: COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS It means analyse
and compare You need to compare article 3 with one of the others - choose the one you like best. 1. Write a BRIEF one sentence introduction which COMPARES.
2. Use TOPIC SENTENCES to structure your paragraphs. eg "BOTH writers juxtapose long and short sentences."
3. Write between four and six comparative paragraphs.
4. ANALYSE in detail.
5. Write a BRIEF one sentence conclusion which
REMEMBER THAT YOU
MIGHT BE ABLE TO
RECYCLE SOME INFO
FROM TASK 3 FOR YOUR
RESPONSE TO TASK 4 use comparing words
like "both", "similarly",
"likewise", "however", "on the
other hand" etc.
you can structure your
response by using "Firstly",
"Secondly", etc 16 MARKS 8 MARKS TASK 1 - DONE! 8 MARKS TASK 2 - DONE! USE SHORT QUOTATIONS 8 MARKS TASK 3 - DONE! TASK 4 - DONE! SECTION 1 -
READING SECTION 2 - WRITING TASKS 1,2,3,&4 ARE MARKED FOR READING TASK 6 - DO THIS
FIRST, BEFORE TASK 5 TASK 5 - DO THIS AFTER
TASK 6 24 MARKS REMINDER:
WORK VERY QUICKLY
AND EFFICIENTLY THIS WILL BE PERSUASIVE use rhetorical devices: rhetorical question, tricolon, emotive language metaphors, listing, statistics, quote
a reliable source, anecdote, personal pronouns etc use ambitious language 16 marks for style
8 marks for SPaG you will need an arresting opening and a lively, thought-provoking
conclusion plan briefly
to aid organisation PARAGRAPH WITH THOUGHT AND CARE BREAK DOWN THE OPPOSING POINT OF VIEW TASK 6 - DONE! THIS WILL BE INFORMATIONAL WRITING USE AMBITIOUS VOCABULARY STRUCTURE WITH THOUGHT AND CARE - USE EXAMPLES TO AID DEVELOPMENT OF YOUR POINTS IT MIGHT ASK YOU TO WRITE
FROM YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE
IT MIGHT ASK FOR YOUR OPINION YOUR WRITING SHOULD BE
LIVELY AND INTERESTING -
LET YOUR PERSONALITY SHOW!
USE HUMOUR AND/OR IRONY AFTER YOU HAVE FINISHED THE TWO WRITING TASKS
WITH THOUGHT AND CARE PROOF READ THE WRITING SECTION
FIRST - YOU WILL PICK UP MOST
MARKS HERE. 16 MARKS 10 MARKS FOR STYLE
6 MARKS FOR SPaG NOW -
HAVE A GO!