Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
AP Comparative Politics Russia Review
Transcript of AP Comparative Politics Russia Review
1. The exercise of power requires justification, and political scientists use the concept of legitimacy to refer to the popularly accepted use of power by a government .
How is political legitimacy is expressed in Russia? Please give examples from various time periods in Russian history.
2. State power is exercised within the context of specific economic systems. . Ultimately both the belief systems that strengthen the legitimacy of the political system and the structures of the economy will have an impact on
governmental effectiveness, capacity, and control over state resources.
How has this been proven to be true in Russia? Questions:
Some countries keep most policymaking at the national level, while others distribute powers more widely to regions and localities .
Historically, where does policymaking take place in Russia? Give examples of how this has expressed itself over the course of time.
Characterize the advantages and drawbacks of institutional arrangements in Russia. How do the executive and legislative policymakers interact with other branches of the state apparatus? Is it effective governance?
The composition and recruitment of political elites and how they are linked other elites in society reveal much about informal political power. How is informal political power achieved in Russia today? Ultimately, politics hinges on the interactions between state and society. A country’s political patterns are influenced the characteristics and demands of its population. Institutions can blunt or exacerbate
cleavages in society.
What is the interaction between the type of regime in Russia and patterns in civil society?
In what ways can Russian citizenry act politically? Is it effective? Explain. Russia Review Political and Economic Change What were some of the consequences of economic reform packages in Russia since Gorbachev?
Discuss the degree of success of democratization in Russia since the fall of the Soviet Union. Where does Russia stand now along the spectrum of democratization? Why?
Political and economic interdependence among countries has become increasingly important . How do global and domestic forces interact in Russia?
Public Policy Development strategies have changed over time and resulted in numerous shifts and alterations in policy requirements in Russia. Russian economic structural changes since 1990 have caused a wide range of policy challenges in the areas of civil rights, environmental concerns, so on. Explain.