Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
VITAMINS & MINERALS
Transcript of VITAMINS & MINERALS
Vitamin & Mineral Activity
You will need TWO nutrition facts labels. You can use any of my random assortment or google a couple of your favorite food products. Whichever you pick, please make sure they have at least 12 ingredients included on the label. Follow the directions in the packet to complete a the table for each of the products.
PHYTOCHEMICALS in Food Science
*Challenge to preserving phytochemicals
(harvest before ripened)
Food Constituent Test Review
1. Phytochemicals are a group of compounds produced by plants. Which compound is an example of phytochemicals?
a. fatty acids
b. flavonoid pigments
c. gums and gels
2. Which food preparation tip has the MOST potential health benefits as a result of increasing levels of phytochemicals in the diet?
a. add citrus peel to baked goods
b. marinate lean meats
c. replace sugar with artificial sweeteners
d. substitute applesauce for oil in muffins and bread
3. Carotenes are a group of compounds that are phytochemicals. Which foods are good sources of carotenes?
a. collard greens
b. kidney beans
b i o a c t i v e c o m o n e n t
p o l y p e n o l s
i s o t h i o c a n a t e s
f u n c i o n a l f o o d
s a p n i n s
c r u i f e r o u s v e g e t a b l e
p h y t o c e m i c a l
c a r o t n o i d s
i s o e r
p h e n o l c a c i d s
c a r i n o g e n
t n n i n s
a l l y s u l f i d e s
p h y t o e t r o g e n s