Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Surviving Science with Ms. Lauer
Transcript of Surviving Science with Ms. Lauer
Step 1 - What to Expect...
What kinds of assignments you can expect to complete...
- Classwork EVERY DAY
- Homework AT LEAST once a week (you can always do more!)
- Quizzes (announced and unannounced)
- Tests (chapter by chapter AND full unit)
- Written assignments
- Projects (one project per marking period)
Step 2 - Supplies
For this year, you will need the following items:
- A 2 inch binder
**I suggest buying a "Heavy Duty" or "Durable" binder as we will be using this every day and constantly adding new things to it.**
- Loose-leaf paper in your binder
**wide or college ruled is fine**
- 5 Dividers
**As long as your chapters are divided, I don't mind if these are home made...that's the kind I use!**
- 1 composition notebook
**This will be your response journal. Please make sure your name, grade and period are on the front!
Example: Ms. Lauer 8-1
Science Response Journal
Step 3 - Extra Hours
- Ms. Lauer and whoever wants to come!
- Extra help and support or challenge work!
- before or after school*
- to provide students additional time for any academic challenges or questions
What you will be graded on...
- Class participation
- Lab work and lab reports
- Four categories:
- Classwork = 15%
- Homework = 15% (includes response journals)
- Quizzes = 30%
- Tests/Projects/Labs = 40%
YES, there will be chances to earn extra credit!
Additional materials you may want to purchase (but are not required to have:
- extra loose leaf paper
- extra dividers
How Extra Hours will work...
- Sign on the board
- Following week hours posted on FRIDAYS
- Sign ups the day beforehand!
- one morning per week
- 7:15 - 8:15 AM meeting time (you do not have to use the entire time
- one afternoon per week
- 3:15-4:15 PM meeting time (you do not have to use the entire time)
What do you need to bring to Extra Hours?
- specific questions
- examples of study habits that you have tried on your own
- your science materials! (notebook, response journal, etc.)
- your BRAIN!
- a positive attitude :)
Step 4 - Text Updates
Stay in the loop by signing up for text updates!
- test/project/quiz reminders
- important class information
- extra credit opportunities that may come up after the school day
How do you sign up?
Text your class code to (856)-672-5568 to register!
Reminder - this is not my phone number and I will NOT receive any replies. If you have a question about something sent out via text, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class Codes (include the @ sign)
Science club: @2999f
One final thought...
It's time for a pep talk!
Mondays - 6th
Tuesdays - 7th
Wednesdays - 8th