Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Surviving Science with Ms. Lauer
Transcript of Surviving Science with Ms. Lauer
Step 1 - What to Expect...
What kinds of assignments you can expect to complete...
- Classwork EVERY DAY
- Homework AT LEAST once a week (you can always do more!)
- Quizzes (announced and unannounced)
- Tests (chapter by chapter AND full unit)
- Written assignments
- Projects (one project per marking period)
Step 2 - Supplies
For this year, you will need the following items:
- A 2 inch binder
**I suggest buying a "Heavy Duty" or "Durable" binder as we will be using this every day and constantly adding new things to it.**
- Loose-leaf paper in your binder
**wide or college ruled is fine**
- 5 Dividers
**As long as your chapters are divided, I don't mind if these are home made...that's the kind I use!**
- 1 composition notebook
**This will be your response journal. Please make sure your name, grade and period are on the front!
Example: Ms. Lauer 8-1
Science Response Journal
Step 3 - Extra Hours
- Ms. Lauer and whoever wants to come!
- Extra help and support or challenge work!
- before or after school*
- to provide students additional time for any academic challenges or questions
What you will be graded on...
- Class participation
- Lab work and lab reports
- Four categories:
- Classwork = 15%
- Homework = 15% (includes response journals)
- Quizzes = 30%
- Tests/Projects/Labs = 40%
YES, there will be chances to earn extra credit!
Additional materials you may want to purchase (but are not required to have:
- extra loose leaf paper
- extra dividers
How Extra Hours will work...
- Sign on the board
- Following week hours posted on FRIDAYS
- Sign ups the day beforehand!
- one morning per week
- 7:15 - 8:15 AM meeting time (you do not have to use the entire time
- one afternoon per week
- 3:15-4:15 PM meeting time (you do not have to use the entire time)
What do you need to bring to Extra Hours?
- specific questions
- examples of study habits that you have tried on your own
- your science materials! (notebook, response journal, etc.)
- your BRAIN!
- a positive attitude :)
Step 4 - Text Updates
Stay in the loop by signing up for text updates!
- test/project/quiz reminders
- important class information
- extra credit opportunities that may come up after the school day
How do you sign up?
Text your class code to (856)-672-5568 to register!
Reminder - this is not my phone number and I will NOT receive any replies. If you have a question about something sent out via text, please email me at email@example.com.
Class Codes (include the @ sign)
Science club: @2999f
One final thought...
It's time for a pep talk!
Mondays - 6th
Tuesdays - 7th
Wednesdays - 8th