Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM


Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.



No description

Lindsey Bowyer

on 27 April 2010

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of HSUS

Double click anywhere & add an idea The Humane Society of the United States
Bowyer Animals give everything, asking for
nothing in return. They have no vioce,
we must be their voice.
The Humane Society of the United States
is here to celebrate animals and confront
The HSUS was started in 1954, by Fred Myers.
As of todAY the HSUS is the largest and most
effective aminal protection organization.
Receiving an overall rating of 3 out of 4 stars according
to Charity Navigator.
Affiliates of the HSUS include:

Doris Day Animal League,
Humane Society International,
Humane Society Legislative Fund,
Humane Society University,
Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association,
Humane Wildlife Services,
The Fund for Animals.
The Hsus also works with local Humane Societies,
supporting them through traning, evaluation,
publication and other professional services.

Hsus.org People may say we need to support
and help humans before we help animals.

Background The Humane Society works to confront
cruelty, and reduce suffering,
investigating cruelty and working to enforce
existing laws.
The HSUS educated the public on animal issues,
animal friendly polices and hands-on programs
that create a more humane world. The HSUS confronts national and global
cruelties through major campaigns targeting
the inhumane treatment of animals.
With your help we can bring an end to the
horrific acts of ruthlessness toward undeserving, innocent animals.

Animals are just as important as humans.
We are all a part of nature, and without animals,
humans can not exist.
Animals feel, love, and care just like humans.
As humans we must support and love animals.
Their love is unconditional. We must provide shelters, food,
and a loving home for them. We also need to
protect them from the neglect and cruelty
thrust upon them by some.

The HSUS confronts national and global cruelties through major campaigns targeting the barbaric practices of dogfighting and cockfighting; abusive puppy mills, cruelties of factory farming in modern agribusiness such as confinement of animals in crates and cages, the slaughter of American horses for export to foreign countries, and the clubbing of baby seals and other animals for the commercial fur trade. Our track record of effectiveness has led to meaningful victories for animals in Congress, state legislatures, and courtrooms.

But why should we care about dog fighting, or the clubbing of baby seals?
They're just animals.
Animals feel the pain just as humans do. Animals dont deserve to be put down as non-feeling and un lovable creatures. They dont deserve any harm done to them by selfish humans. We as Loving people must protect the animals from the heartless people who hurt them for their own gain.
The HSUS is a non-profit organization, helping to protect animals.
Out of all the money the HSUS fundraises,
4% of that goes to pay staff and administration. The other 96% goes to active programs for companion animals, wildlife and habitat protection, animals in research, and farm animals.

But dont we need to help local
shelters rather than the worlds largest
animal protection organization?
The HSUS works with local humane societies and supports their work through training, evaluations, publications, and other professional services. Additionally, The HSUS operates its own network of animal sanctuaries and rescue operations, providing emergency care and homes to more animals than any other organization in the United States. You can get involved through
donating to the HSUS, and getting
involved with your local Humane
We can stop the inhumane treatment
of animals by being an advocate for
animal rights. Aren't I worth it? With your help we can confront
cruelty, and be the voice for
animals. We can prevent suffering
of animals to create a more humane

Pacelle, wayne. "HSUS overview" Humane Society
of the United States.com September 30, 2009.
April 16, 2010. http://www.humanesociety.org

"The Humane Society of the United States"
Charity Navigator.com April 23, 2010. http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=3848
" Hsus organization" Acticash.com. 2010. April
16,21010. http://activistcash.com/organization_overview.cfm/o/136-humane-society-of-the-united-states

Full transcript