Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Build Community: Create Classroom Culture
Transcript of Build Community: Create Classroom Culture
Google, REI, SEL, Whole Foods,
have in common?
Get on the train!
The set of key values,
and norms shared by
of an organization.
How do students describe your classroom culture?
UofI Active Learning Symposium
May 1, 2017
Jenny Scott, LCSC Assistant Professor
classroom culture produces a sense of
, and that provides a feeling of
amongst students and instructor,
and that leads to
How can the class
Core Values be displayed
throughout the semester?
Establishing and cultivating a strong, internal culture creates a strong community, which allows for comfort and engagement with
1. Display core values/class code upon entering class
(especially on days when it would serve as an important reminder: e.g. group work days)
2. During mid-term informal chat, ask them which of the core values have been most represented thus far, and which have been least represented
3. Ask periodically how they each have upheld or displayed the values, and how the class has, collectively
4. Find opportunities to hold each other accountable