Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Factoring: Grouping and A>1
Transcript of Factoring: Grouping and A>1
When factoring by grouping the expression can only have 4 terms.
Put parenthesis around the first two terms and the last two terms.
Factor out the GCF from both sets of parenthesis.
Put the GCFs in one parenthesis and the factor set in the other.
How do you factor by GCF ?
EXAMPLE OF FACTORING BY GROUPING
(4v - 12v )-( 5v + 15)
GCF=4v GCF= 5
4v (v-3v) - 5(v+3)
EXAMPLE OF FACTORING BY GCF
10x + 45y - 5z
5(2x + 9y - z)
What is Factoring?
When factoring polynomials, you are finding polynomials that divide out evenly from the original polynomials.
Factoring: Grouping and GCF
When factoring by GCF, you can have multiply terms.
Find the GCF between all the terms in the polynomial.
Divide all terms by the GCF and write your GCF outside the parenthesis.
Place the new terms inside the