Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Lady Gaga: ARTPOP Monument
Transcript of The Lady Gaga: ARTPOP Monument
The Lady Gaga: ARTPOP Monument is a modern work of art created in order to honor the charitable actions of pop icon Lady Gaga and her achievements, as well as using her popularity to give opportunities to underground artist in hope of their mainstream breakthrough in a time where it is fairly difficult to receive public recognition as an emerging artist
S O A P S
Statement of Need
"In a decaying society, art, if it is truthful, must also reflect decay. And unless it wants to break faith with its social function, art must show the world as changeable. And help to change it."
- Ernst Fischer
Mariano Giovanni Said
17 years of age
Dedicated fan of Lady Gaga and aspiring artist
Occasion / Context
Technologically advanced period of time where art is always changing
Art is also becoming less appreciated in society
All artists, fans of Lady Gaga, and the world
To honor Lady Gaga for her contributions to society and her success as a musician
To create a popular canvas for unknown artists to present their art to the public
The world is in need of this monument since we live in a society where art and it's artist are no longer appreciated. The world should also acknowledge Lady Gaga for her contributions to society such as saving many lives (Toronto Sun), and creating a foundation to promote creativity and youth empowerment (BTW Foundation).
Goals & Objectives
"Ignore all hatred and criticism. Live for what you create and die protecting." - Lady Gaga
Art is very beneficial; it can "provide opportunities for self-expression, bring the inner world into the outer world of concrete reality, improve academic achievement - enhancing test scores, attitudes, social skills, critical and creative thinking, and develop both independence and collaboration" (dosomething.org).
With the creation of this monument I hope to accomplish an increase of art, a deeper appreciation of art, and the discovery of many unknown artists from this momument.
With the IPads located behind the monument, visitors will take the following survey: 1. Has this monument influenced your opinion on Lady Gaga positively? 2. Did this monument create a deeper appreciation for art? 3. Did you enjoy (insert current artist's name here) piece?
If 80% of all survey questions are answered "Yes" then the threshold of success has been met, along with an estimated 1 million visitors per year.
1. "7 Reasons the Arts Are Important." Do Something. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 May 2014. <https://www.dosomething.org/tipsandtools/7-reasons-arts-are-important>.
2. Brainy Quotes. N.p., n.d. Web. <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/e/ernstfisch109043.html>.
3. "17 Of The Most Inspirational Things Lady Gaga Has Ever Said." BuzzFeed. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 May 2014. <http://www.buzzfeed.com/mariasherm/inspirational-lady-gaga-quotes>.
4. "Spread Our Movement." Born This Way Foundation. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 May 2014. <http://bornthiswayfoundation.org/>.
5. "Lady Gaga Saves Fan from Suicide." Toronto Sun. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 May 2014. <http://www.torontosun.com/2013/12/11/lady-gaga-saves-fan-from-suicide>.