Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Launching a sanctuary vibrant with life - 5t'18
Transcript of Launching a sanctuary vibrant with life - 5t'18
3 reasons to build a monument:
Matthew 23:27-29 ESV
(27) "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within are full of dead people's bones and all uncleanness.
(28) So you also outwardly appear righteous to others, but within you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
(29) "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build the tombs of the prophets and decorate the
of the righteous,
Joshua 4:4-7 NKJV
(4) Then Joshua called the twelve men whom he had appointed from the children of Israel, one man from every tribe;
(5) and Joshua said to them: "Cross over before the ark of the LORD your God into the midst of the Jordan, and each one of you take up a stone on his shoulder, according to the number of the tribes of the children of Israel,
(6) that this may be a sign among you when your children ask in time to come, saying, 'What do these stones mean to you?'
(7) Then you shall answer them that the waters of the Jordan were cut off before the ark of the covenant of the LORD; when it crossed over the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. And these stones shall be for a
to the children of Israel forever."
Matthew 27:60 NKJV
(60) and laid it in his new tomb which he had hewn out of the rock; and he rolled a large
against the door of the tomb, and departed.
Matthew 27:62-66 NKJV
(62) On the next day, which followed the Day of Preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees gathered together to Pilate,
(63) saying, "Sir, we remember, while He was still alive, how that deceiver said, 'After three days I will rise.'
(64) Therefore command that the tomb be made secure until the third day, lest His disciples come by night and steal Him away, and say to the people, 'He has risen from the dead.' So the last deception will be worse than the first."
(65) Pilate said to them, "You have a guard; go your way, make it as secure as you know how."
(66) So they went and made the tomb secure,
sealing the stone
and setting the guard.
Luke 24:2 NKJV
(2) But they found the
stone rolled away
from the tomb.
Scribes & Pharisees
issing the point
Stones to Remember
emorial of God
against the door
Pharisees sealing the
A stone that speaks ...
Exodus 20:24-25 NKJV
(24) An altar of earth you shall make for Me, and you shall sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and your peace offerings, your sheep and your oxen. In every place where I record My name I will come to you, and I will bless you.
(25) And if you make Me an
altar of stone
, you shall not build it of hewn stone; for if you use your tool on it, you have profaned it.
Monument to self
Genesis 11:4 NLT
(4) Let's build a great city with a tower that reaches to the skies-a
to our greatness! This will bring us together and keep us from scattering all over the world."
tower of Babel
y own glory
"a memento, a non-verbal artifact which conveys information about the relationship of a god to his/her people"
the construction of a sanctuary vibrant with life
in which you'll serve as holy priests offering Christ-approved lives up to God.
1 Peter 2:5 MSG