Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Midterm -Plants
John A. Forrest Elementary School
Fair Lawn, NJ
by: Kathy Gasienica
By the completion of the first two lessons in this unit, students will be able to:
- recognize living things v. nonliving things
- describe major structures of plants
(stem, leaves, seed, roots)
- identify the needs of a plants
- label plant parts correctly
- understand plants are vital in environment
- identify plants as resources
- understand caring for plants
- recognize plants as living things
- Journal Observations
- Labeling plant
- Living v. Nonliving Sort
- Participation/following directions
Sense & Meaning
Does it make sense?
Why do I need to know this?
When will I use this?
Gardner's Multiple Intelligences
Prime Time 1
Day 1 (Living/Nonliving Things)
Science Big Book
Day 2 (Plant Needs/Parts of a Plant)
Plant Needs Song
Science Big Book
Prime Time 2
Living/Nonliving Outdoor Hunt
Group sharing of data
Parts of a Plant Project
Labeling parts of plant
Creation of Anchor
Bernice, Nick. "Gardner's Multiple Intelligences." Ramapo College. Web. 2 Oct. 2014. <http://msetramapo.org/edtc631/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/GardnerLectureNotes.pdf>.
Gardner, Howard. Frames of Mind: The Theory of Multiple Intelligences. New York: Basic, 1983. Print.
Gregorc, Anthony. Learning/Teaching Styles: Their Nature and Effects. Student Learning Styles. National Association of Secondary School Principals, 1979.
Sousa, David. How the Brain Learners. 4th ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin, 2011. Print.
West, Fiona. "IES Learning." Be Inspired, Be Empowered, Be Successful. Web. 6 Oct. 2014. <http://www.ieslearning.co.uk/mind.html>.