Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Campbell, C - Hunting Hat/Isolation - 4
Transcript of Campbell, C - Hunting Hat/Isolation - 4
"I took my old hunting hat out of my pocket while I walked, and put it on. I knew I wouldn't meet anybody that knew me and it was pretty damp out" (122 Salinger).
Pedestal of the hunting hat
others are below
"'Up home we wear a hat like that to shoot deer in, for Chrissake," he said. 'That's a deer shooting hat.'
'Like hell it is.' I took it off and looked at it. 'This is a people shooting hat,' I said. 'I shoot people in this hat'" (22 Salinger).
body won,' he said. 'How come?'
'I left the goddam foils and stuff on the subway.' I still didn't look up at him" (20 Salinger).
The Catcher in the Rye
Does not want to conform but does not want to be outrageous
Coping with embarrassment
The symbol of the hunting hat as a theme of isolation
"It was this red hunting hat, with one of those very, very long peaks...It only cost me a buck. The way I wore it, I swung the old peak way around to the back-very corny, I'll admit, but I liked it that way" (18 Salinger).
Pride in this purchase
Does not acknowledge intended use