Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transitive and Intransitive Verbs
Transcript of Transitive and Intransitive Verbs
An action verb is transitive if the reciever of the action is named in the sentence. The reciever of the action is called the object of the verb.
A verb that does not need a direct object to complete its meaning. For example run, sleep, travel, wonder, and die are all intransitive verbs.
Ex: She played the piano
^ Transitive verb
< Direct object
Ex: Because of blood sugar problems, Rosa always eats before
leaving for school.