Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
PANCAKE DAY IN ENGLAND
Transcript of PANCAKE DAY IN ENGLAND
·Pancake Day or "el martes de carnaval" is a traditional day before Lent.
When is celebrated?
Shrove Tuesday always is celebrated 47 days before Easter Sunday, so the date varies from year to year and is celebrated between February 3 and March 9.
2013 - February 12th
2014 - March 4th
2015 - February 17th
2016 - February 9th
2017 - February 28th
What is a pancake?
It is a very thin dough that is fried in the pan
- 150 grams of cake flour
- 250 ml of milk
- 15 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 5 grams sugar
- 3 large eggs
-A pinch salt
Other names for this event
- UK, Ireland and Australia - Shrove Tuesday, Pancake Day or Pancake Tuesday
- Brazil - Terça-feira Gorda - Fat Tuesday - the last day of Carnival in Brazil.
- Greece - Apocreas, meaning "meat" because they do not eat meat during Lent, either.
- Sweden - Fettisdagen (Fat Tuesday).
- USA In Catholic parts of the United States today is called carnival francophone.
- Germany - "Fastnacht"
- In France they call it Carnival, which means fat or Fat Tuesday.
- Iceland day called "Sprengidagur" (day Bursting).
The famous races!
In these races the participants must
with a pancake in a frying pan
and they must
it in the air and they have try to be the
These races are of
they are very fun to watch. (some contestants have to go in disguise.)
Go to watch the races is free, and though the race itself usually
takes very little time
. There is live music and entertainment for a great day.
The ingredients for pancakes can be seen as a symbol of four points of importance at this time of year:
Eggs ~ Creating
Flour ~ The staff of life
Salt ~ Edibility
Milk ~ Purity
PANCAKE DAY IN ENGLAND
Tuesday, 9th February, 2016
This day is the last chance to enjoy the food forbidden in Lent and the pancakes are a delicious breakfast to eat in this date (They contains fats, eggs, butter...)
THE OBJECTIVES IN THE RACE: