Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Beginning Multiplication
We have already talked about adding in class.
3 apples plus two more apples equals 5 apples. Adding groups
If Katie has two apples, Adam has two apples, and Eric has 2 apples
How many apples do they have together?
3 groups of 2 apples equals 6 apples
3 (groups) x (of) 2 (apples) = 6
3 x 2=6 3 Groups of 2 apples = ? 3 groups of 2 apples = 6 apples
3 x 2 = 6 2 groups of 3 pencils
3 x 2 = 6
2 x 3 = 6
How are these the same? Multiplication goes both directions
3 x 2 is the same as 2 x 3
both equal 6 Try this problem:
Jill has 4 groups of 2 apples.
How many apples does she have?
Draw a picture to help you solve the problem Jill has 4 groups of 2 apples.
2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 4 x 2 =8
Here are tallies to show the groups
II II II II = 8