Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
HONR 238I 08-31-16 Foraging to pastoralism to industrialism
Transcript of HONR 238I 08-31-16 Foraging to pastoralism to industrialism
production for use
family based with overlapping
resource use is extensive
sustainability is high
production for profit
class-based with high degree
of occupational specialization
privately owned property,
resource use is intensive
sustainability is low
animal husbandry with semi nomadic component; basic production unit is family; little overlap between male and female roles but social equality
searching for and exploiting food resources
intensive plant cultivation for human use; family based and dependent on active involvement of children
movement of livestock)
cultivation of animals, plants, or food and fiber to sustain and enhance human life