Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
i-LiBot Final Review
Transcript of i-LiBot Final Review
30606104095 Agenda * Objective
* Advantages in the proposed system over
the existing system
* Robotics Design (A glance)
* Architecture of the system designed
* Point to Point marking
* Serial Communication
* Goals achieved from the system designed
* Future enhancements to be worked on
Objective * To build a fully automated library robot that can handle the work of a librarian completely.
* The work includes returning and issuing the books to the customer, checking the book location, adding the book in to the library, and regulating the books being handled in the library.
* Making the human effort easier and efficient.
Aim * Simplify the human effort and do the work faster.
* Make the system simple and user friendly.
* Reduce the errors and human mistakes handled
* Building the robot cheap and equally efficient
to the present system.
Modules Robotics Design (Mechanical Design)
Embedded Design and programming (Interfacing with the mechanical Design)
Software Design (Design the application and interface it with embedded)
Existing System * 2003 – Implemented in Jaume-I Castellon University
where they did a system with the help of the Computer
* There are manually operated libraries in many places
* There are systems where the books are tagged with
RFID and which is again manual
Existing System Proposed System Advantages in the proposedsystem over
the existing system * This system is user friendly and user interactive
compared with the existing systems
* Installing this system is easier and faster
* Maintaining the system is simple and easy
* This system is cost efficient
* This system can be easily modified
* This system adds more intelligent compared with
the existing system
* This working of the system is simple
Robotics Design (A glance) * There are 3 degree of freedom
just like our human arm.
* The robot walk so that it can
locate the book on accurately
based on point to point marking.
* The robot is driven with the
screw gear mechanism and
the quick return mechanism.
Quick Return Mechanism
Implemented in the Leg Nut and Screw Mechanism
implemented in Hand Architecture designed Point to Point marking Serial Communication Integration processing Algorithm with the Hardware unit.
* Set Required Port Name
* Open the Port at Certain Port Number
* Get Output/Input Stream Handler for Port
* Add Event Listener for Port
* activate the DATA_AVAILABLE notifier
* Set Parameters like BaudRate, Parity
* When OutputEmpty,
* Write Data’s to Output Stream
* On Event of SerialPortEvent.DATA_AVAILABLE
* Read Data’s from Input Stream
Goals achieved from the system designed * Designed a robot that can successfully issue
and return book manually.
* Designed the system which is much less cost
required compared with the existing system.
* Designed a good user friendly system.
* Successfully implemented the identifying of
the book with RFID.
* Successfully implemented the process of
location the book with point to point marking. Future Developmental plans Improve the system to multiuser accessible.
Propel the robot throughout the room and in all 3 dimensions. Here 3 dimensions refers to the X,Y and Z axis of the room
Propel the robot with Hydraulic or pneumatic cylinder (Artificial Muscles) This will help to carry more weight (no worry about the weight of the book).
Judge the environment with cameras (Eyes).
Improve the systems intelligence with sensors and by building a good feedback system.
Making the handling of the book more user interactive and more reality by identifying the book with augmented reality.
Changing the griping mechanisms with pneumatic arm.
* Conclusion Thus I have successfully designed a basic model of the working intelligent librarian robot which can issue and return books as the user or the master orders the robot.
This robot is not restricted to library works alone. It can be used in any field where there is a pic and place work to be done. For example, this robot can be used in super markets, medical shops, Airport, etc.
Any Queries ? Thank You