Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
When I came to Grad, my principal asked what he should say I was going to do after grad, and without thinking, I said I was going into education. And that was it!
I've now taught for almost 35 years! Yes!
I was scared, nervous, excited... all kinds of feelings and emotions.
There was a feeling of being surreal... like "WOW, I'm the teacher and this is my class!"
The first pay check was awesome. Some of the days in between, no so much. But overall, it was great! Do you remember your first day? Having taught grade 1 for so many years, the best moments are the ones when students realize for the first time that they can read. There are so many "firsts" in grade 1.
The worst moments are when you lose it. And trust me, it will happen! I found that apologizing works.
Most memorable moment of all time, was when I had an autistic child in my class really communicate with me for the first time. What are your best and worst memories? Absolutely, everyone "wings" it once in a while.
Just make sure you have a "few things" you can use when you have to wing it.
Always have a back up plan, and a back up plan for the the back up plan. And when in doubt, have fun! Did you ever have to fake it to get through a day? 1. Make sure you genuinely like kids.
2. Always try to see the positive, in yourself, and in your students
3. Use praise eveyrday
4. Expect the most from yourself and your students
5. Be happy, smile, don't take yourself too seriously
6. Try new things
7. Be willing to help others whenever you can, and don't forget to ask for help if you need it
8. Take time for yourself everyday!!!