Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Charleston
Joint Base Charleston
Aircraft Commander with the 14th Airlift Squadron
Graduate of UNC- Chapel Hill
Port Utilities Commission of Charleston
Automotive Industry in South Carolina
Similar to the invention of the airplane, the emergence of automobiles has had a profound effect on our everyday lives.
The auto manufacturing industry is considered to be highly capital and labor intensive. The major costs for producing and selling automobiles include:
• Labor - While machines and robots are playing a greater role in manufacturing vehicles, there are still substantial labor costs in designing and engineering automobiles.
• Materials - Everything from steel, aluminum, dashboards, seats, tires, etc. are purchased from suppliers.
• Advertising - Each year automakers spend billions on print and broadcast advertising; furthermore, they spent large amounts of money on market research to anticipate consumer trends and preferences.
Joint Base Charleston
WISE Guy's Adventures
Can you find the WISE Guy?
Railroads in Charleston, SC
WISE Career Cluster:
Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
Is one of the nation’s leading transportation suppliers
Company’s rail service and intermodal businesses provide rail-based transportation services including traditional rail service and the transport of intermodal containers and trailers
CSX moves a broad portfolio of products across the country in a way that minimizes the effect on the environment, takes traffic off an already congested highway system, and minimizes fuel consumption and transportation costs.
The terminal is located on the Eastern boundary near the center of the former Charleston Naval Complex in North Charleston, SC
The terminal’s road access distances to SC Ports Authority facilities :
o Navy Base Container Terminal – 0.8 miles (via the private Port Access Road)
o North Charleston Container Terminal – 3.5 miles
o Wando Welch Container Terminal – 17.5 miles
With potential cost and fuel savings and a reliable, established network, intermodal shipping can improve your bottom line today and become a responsible growth engine for tomorrow.
3 min Video on Intermodal Transportation:
N.W. White & Company
Hauling aggregate, dirt, rock, sand,
& trash throughout the Trident Region.
Carnival Cruise Lines | Business Development Director