Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of How to
A Better Process
APU Writing Center Workshop
Typical Student Writing Process
5. Turn It In
6. Forget About It
external (then internalized)
Prewrite understand the prompt audience
Draft quickly using space holders
Take a break.
delete / alter
Turn it in
Make writing a priority.
Use short regular sessions.
Schedule writing like a job.
I write my papers at the last minute or maybe a few days before they're due. I might change a few things, but probably not.
I turn just it in, and I get As.
I procrastinate until the last minute, I turn it in, and I get ok grades... Cs, Bs.
I'm just a bad writer.
Why do you procrastinate?
How do you feel while procrastinating?
What distractions keep writers from working productively?
How does distraction impact your writing?
Maximize Your Writing Time
What does your writing process look like?
Use Google Calendar.
What are helpful writing rituals?
What are the attributes of a great writing space?
How can we re-frame procrastination as preparation?
How can we jump start our writing sessions?
Writing is hard.