Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Augustus Jackson was an African-American candy confectioner
Transcript of Augustus Jackson was an African-American candy confectioner
A African & Amercian Inventor .
Augustus Jackson was an African-American candy confectioner from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Jackson served as a chef in the White House during the 1820s
The origins of ice cream can be traced back to the 4th century B.C. and contrary to popular folklore Augustus Jackson did not invent ice cream itself, however, he was an accomplished businessman and helped to perfect the making of ice cream at that time.
In Philadelphia Georgia .
Philadelphia in the late 1820s, where he started his own successful catering business.
At that time, many African Americans owned ice cream parlors or were ice cream makers in the Philadelphia area. Augustus Jackson was the most successful and his ice cream flavors were well loved
African American, Augustus Jackson was a candy confectioner from Philadelphia who created several ice cream recipes and invented an improved method of manufacturing ice cream around 1832.