Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Cross cultural communication: Fnland vs Spain
Transcript of Cross cultural communication: Fnland vs Spain
Formal vs Informal
High vs Low context
Time & Scheduling
Spain vs Finland
Language of business and focus
Right personal contact is important
Expressive vs Reserved cultures
Cross Cultural Communication
Punto FA, S.L (Mango)
- Founded in Barcelona (1984)
- Design, manufacture and sell clothes and complements for both men and women.
- 2,415 stores in 107 countries
- Important franchise system
1. Hofstede Analysis
2. Characteristics of cultures
3. Finnish Negotiatior
4. Spanish Negotiator
5. Role Play
Why did not they reach any agreement?
Which are their impressions and opinions?
- She was late!!
- She tried to kiss me!
- She couldn't provide with accurate information
- she couldn't be quiet and interrupted me all the time
- She was reserved/ cold and quiet
- She wanted to keep a lot of distance between us
- She did not participate in the conversation and come up with ideas
- I cannot read her mind!!!
- She was really rude! She refused reaching an agreement: she said NO!!!
Miss Unnasjärvi arrives to the meeting
The meeting should start...
Miss Martinez finally appears..
Tarja as a
Finnish possible franchisee
Marta as the MANGO's responsible for franchises
The meeting takes place at 9:00 am
Thank you for your attention!
We hope you enjoyed it!
Marta Martinez Garcia
Books and Journals
- Hofstede, Geert & Hofstede, Gert Jan (2005): Cultures and Organizations: Software of the Mind, McGraw-Hill, New York
- Richard R. Gesteland (2005): Cross-Cultural Business Behavior, Negotiating, Selling, Sourcing and Managing Across Cultures, 4ed., Copenhagen Business School Press
- Hofstede, Geert (2001): Culture’s Consequences: comparing values, behaviors, institutions, and Organizations across Nations, 2ed., Sage Publications
- Mead, Richard (2005): International Management: Cross-Cultural Dimensions, 3ed., Blackwell Publishing