Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Nursing Care Plan
Transcript of Nursing Care Plan
has been diagnosed with
Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
1) Blood sugar levels at 230mg/dL
2) Fatigued, heavy breathing
3) Patient appears to be having a hard time concentrating Subjective data:
1) "I dont know how to correctly inject the insulin so I gave up trying"
1)"It feels like I have to go to the bathroom every few minutes!"
2) Patient complains of blurred vision and headaches. Assessment Knowledge deficieny (in administering insulin) Knowledge deficiency r/t new diabetes diagnosis m/b signs and symptoms of improper insulin administration Nursing Diagnosis: GOAL Cookie Monster will demonstrate increased knowledge of insulin administration by performing correct insulin injection techniques and dosage calculations by February 14th, 2013 Nursing Care Plan for
Medication Administration By Lauren, Jenna Lynn, and Sam 1) Educate Cookie Monster on how to correctly read a blood sugar monitor Interventions Rationale: If Cookie Monster does not know how to use the monitor correctly, he will be unable to check his blood sugar status Rationale: If Cookie Monster doesn't know what's considered a normal range, he wont know when he needs to administer insulin 2) Educate Cookie Monster on the range for abnormal and normal blood sugar levels Rationale: If Cookie Monster doesn't know how to administer insulin correctly, his blood sugar could rise past a healthy level 3) Educate Cookie Monster how to correct use a syringe and vial, administering insulin with the right does at the right time. Rationale: Diet can help keep sugar levels low and exercise can help with weight management 4) Encourage Cookie Monster to use healthy alternatives in his diet and exercise regularly Just kidding Cookie Monster is compliant with these interventions Evaluation 1) Reassess blood sugar levels tomorrow
2) Have Cookie Monster demonstrate proper administration of insulin
3) Follow up on diet and exercise in one month Cookie Monster will demonstrate increased knowledge of insulin administration by performing correct insulin injection techniques and dosage calculations by February 14th, 2013 goal: The End