Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Vocable
Vocabulary provides the most leverage for second language learning;
Growing vocabulary organically is more effective than rote memorization in isolation;
A technology-enabled solution is more efficient than traditional approach.
Formative research - MVP testing
ML Summer Program - Beta testing Hongge & Kohei Why do so many people spend so much time and still don't get it!? 300 million Chinese learning English = the entire US population;
A typical Chinese college graduate studies English for 13 years starting from Grade 3;
They might know enough grammar rules to pass exams but most can't communicate or do research in English proficiently. VOCABLE.me 13 years of study might get a Chinese student 4,500 English words on paper while... For native speakers, the estimated vocabulary size increases to "about 15,000 words by six years of age."
- Lao, J. Ph. D, 2013 More people have access to the world of opportunities offered by a second language. Missing out opportunities in life! College Competence 3 year old's vocabulary Provide learners with effective vocabulary building tools for successful mastery of a second language. + Engagement Strategies
Gamify Connect & Repeat Contextualize Search Function Define a connection:
Red = sharing the same root
Blue = used in the same context ---- a connection between unknown words a connection from a known word