Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Future Simple & Present Continuous for future
Transcript of Future Simple & Present Continuous for future
I WILL VISIT LONDON.
I'm going to visit John
I'm visiting John
-arrangement made by 2 people
-sure and we know when or where
WILL YOU MARRY ME story! :)
- Let's say Billy wants to marry Ivana.
He comes to her and asks her if
she will marry him
he is NOT
what she will respond he asks with WILL:
"Will you marry me?"
She is delighted and responds "Yes, I will!"
-He goes home and knowing that she accepted and
more sure that it will happen
he tells his father with the Going to "Dad, me and Ivana,
we are going to get married
begin and Billy calls his best friend and tells him
when and where
"John, me and Ivana are getting married 3rd November!"
and again asks an insecure question
"Will you be my best man?" :)
Will is the most insecure! That´s why it is of course for:
- offers ("Shall I help you carry the bags?)
- promises (because they are rarely ever kept :))
- predictions in a distant future (because you are not sure what will really happen "Some day I will be a millionaire")
- instant decisions without planning before (cafe bar - "I will have a Coca Cola")
GOING TO is for:
- plans and arrangements ("I plan to save money")
- predictions in the near future when it is already certain that something is going to happen (You see a boy on a bike heading for a tree. It is not difficult to predict that "He is going to crash!" :))
- planned decisions (cafe bar - "My stomach hurts. I am going to have some tea")
PRESENT CONTINUOUS is the most secure
of all three Future Tenses! It is for
plans and arrangements when already set a specific time and place!
(I am going to the cinema tonight.")
And again draw a table:
WILL PRESENT CONTINUOUS
promise, offer /
prediction 50% /
instant decision /
/ plan (time and place)
-Now, close your books.
-Listen to the telephone conversation.
Answer the question:
WHEN IS NATALIE FREE?
4 GROUPS answer the 4 questions-ex 2b
"We are getting married on
3rd November!" /sure
arrangement between people
2.group- write a dialogue
3.group -read the text and
write a diary
4. group - play roles
Cambridge University Press
-video Johnny Grammar's Grammar Movies