Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Art Appreciation Lesson
Transcript of Art Appreciation Lesson
1A - Miss Ridley What is art? Hello!
I am art. I may be more than
40 000 years old. But I've changed a lot... I will last forever. "The physical impossibility of death in the mind of someone living." -Damien Hurst, 1991 And perish quickly.... Snow and stone arch
- Andy Goldsworthy, 1986 I can be fun! And confusing... And colourful! I may even make you curious. Although sometimes I mock myself... Other times I'm
quite serious. I can show you the world... and many different
cultures. I can be seemingly ordinary... or any everyday objects. I could be something crazy. Or something incredibly beautiful. I can be 3D... or abstract. Landscapes... or portraits. The truth is... we've met before. You were younger than four. Great Sphinx of Giza (2558 - 2532 BC) Christopher Haines "Waterfall" - M.C. Escher 1961 Ross Burden, 2007 E.L.O. by Christian Partos "The Thinker" - Auguste Rodin, 1902 Eugene von Guerard 1877 - 1879 Sculptures by the sea "Starry Night" - Vincent van Gogh, 1889 "Untitled" - Maurizio Cattelan, 2000 "Baba tagwa mask" - Papua New Guinea Gino Dominic Nardo "Self portrait" - Vincent van Gogh, 1886-1887