Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of SUSHI
By Ronja Matthes
Table of Contents
Do you like Sushi? Why?
Types of Sushi
How to make Sushi
How to make Sushi - Ingredients
How to make Sushi - Steps
Thank you Slide
Sushi comes originally from Japan
Sushi can be sold all around the world
Millions of types of Sushi exist today
There are handmade-sushi types and there are sushi mat types
Sushi is mostly made with those ingredients:
Fish, Fish eggs, shrimps, dried seaweed, avocado, egg
Things that could be served with Sushi:
This is a picture of the Japanese Flag
Do you like Sushi? Why not?
Many love to eat Sushi and taste the fish with the sticky rice on their tongue. Still few people would never eat Sushi because they dislike it. Some people find that Sushi can be so beautiful and other people think Sushi is ugly.
I interviewed my classmates why they either like or dislike Sushi. Below there are my results.
This shows if my classmates like or dislike Sushi
Why do you like Sushi? Why not?
This chart shows why people like Sushi
This chart shows why people do not like Sushi
There are many types of Sushi. Some look really creative and some look simple. On the next slide I am going to present the main types of Sushi.
How to make Sushi
It is fun to look at creative Sushi roles, or to eat them. But it is even more fun to make it yourself. That is why I am going to show you how to make a simple Sushi type yourself.
- Dried seaweed
- Bamboo mat
- Plastic wrap
- Later to eat Sushi = chopsticks
Types of Sushi
How to make Sushi-Steps
1. Put the Sushi mat in front of you
2. Cook the sushi rice and gather all ingredients
3. Take the plastic wrap and wrap it in one direction around the Sushi mat twice. Then do the same in the other direction so it holds better
4. Divide a seaweed paper in halves with the scissors and place it on the sushi mat that the rough side is on top
5. Put your fingers into the vinegar water and place the rice on the seaweed. First put the rice on the seaweed and when you are finished press the rice on the seaweed
6. Cut the salmon and avocado into equal long pieces and place them on the first 1/3 of your side
7. Role the mat now away from you that the Sushi is rolled into the mat and squeeze it with your fingertips
How to make Sushi-Steps
1. Put your fingers into the vinegar water and place about 45g of rice into your right hand
2. Press and Form the rice that it becomes like a rectangular box
3. Smear the salmon with Wasabi and put it on top of the rice "box"
How to make Sushi - Video (German)
Bamboo Mat. Digital image. Flickr. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Nov. 2014. <signaturecommunities.ca>.
Chopsticks. Digital image. Thriftyfun. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Nov. 2014. <http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.thrfun.com%2Fimg%2F080%2F084%2Fchopsticks_s1.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thriftyfun.com%2FMaking-a-Folding-Chopstick-Basket.html&h=200&w=300&tbnid=K18hluXhqiFECM%3A&zoom=1&docid=OT3dSxVetHFEWM&ei=qP9pVO_FEsu7ygPUxYLwBA&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=214&page=3&start=35&ndsp=19&ved=0CKMBEK0DMCk>.
Cute Sushi. Digital image. 3.bp.blogspot.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 Nov. 2014. <http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NIqkRDln1IM/TBoQh6FbtBI/AAAAAAAAARQ/pqapiIKBNis/s400/onigiri.jpg>.
Dried Seaweed. Digital image. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Nov. 2014. <http://web.tradekorea.com/upload_file/prod/marketing/mkt_files/new_company//jsfnb/img_en/o_P315173.jpg>.
Japanese Flag. Digital image. Japanese Flag. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Nov. 2014. <http://www.japanese-flag.org/japanese-640.gif>.
Keep Calm - Sushi. Digital image. Armorblog. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 Nov. 2014. <http://armorblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/StayCalmEatSushi_1280x1024.jpg>.
Sleeping Sushi. Digital image. Motinetwork. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 Nov. 2014. <http://cdn.motinetwork.net/daily-comix.com/image/comic/1211/overnight-the-sushi-joint-sleepy-time-comic-1353892102.jpg>.
Small Sushi Plate. Digital image. Insiderasia.de. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 Nov. 2014. <https://www.insiderasia.de/images/slider_images/sushi-nigiri.jpg>.
Sushi Background. Digital image. Ppt-backgrounds. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 Nov. 2014. <http://www.ppt-backgrounds.net/foods-drinks/4690-sushi-menu-powerpoint-backgrounds>.
Sushi. Digital image. Charleston's Fresh Sushi Bar at Miyabi's. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 Nov. 2014. <http://www.miyabicharleston.com/miyabi-japanese-steakhouse-images/japanese-sushi.jpg>.
Sushi. Digital image. Reckman.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 Nov. 2014. <http://www.reckmann.org/wp-content/sushi.jpg>.
Sushi Plate. Digital image. Wikimedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 Nov. 2014. <http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/60/Sushi_platter.jpg>.
Sushi Types. Digital image. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 Nov. 2014. <http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/78/90/0d/78900dec77c581df1df8ab4f35308586.jpg>.
Sushi with Black Background. Digital image. Sushi, Lachs, Thunfisch, Garnelen, Fisch, Reis, Rogen, Wasabi, Grünen, Meeresfrüchte, Schwarzer Hintergrund Vektorgrafik. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 Nov. 2014. <http://de.forwallpaper.com/wallpaper/sushi-salmon-tuna-shrimp-fish-rice-roe-wasabi-109300.html>.
"Be a Great Presenter." Prezi.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Sept. 2014.
"Do You like Sushi." Personal interview. 10 Sept. 2014.
How to Make Sushi. Sushi Variationen. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Nov. 2014. <http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/775701180527316/Sushi-Variationen.html>.
"Sushi (food)." Encyclopedia Britannica Online. Encyclopedia Britannica, n.d. Web. 26 Nov. 2014.
"Sushi Presentation." Telephone interview. 5 Sept. 2014.
"Sushi Variationen." Chefkoch.de. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Nov. 2014. <http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/775701180527316/Sushi-Variationen.html>.
"Unlock Insights and Tell the Story in Your Data." Microsoft Excel â Spreadsheet Software. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Sept. 2014.