Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
PRINCE 2 METHODOLOGY
Transcript of PRINCE 2 METHODOLOGY
Prince 2 Methodology
(Projects in controlled environments)
Advantages & Disadvantages
→ It is product based and it divides the project into different stages which makes the project east to manage. (allows for more focus and have a better outcome)
→ Improved communication between all members of the team.
→ Allows for the stakeholder to have a chance to have a say in the decision making.
- Process based approach
- The entire method of PRINCE2 is based on the 7 principles, themes and processes
In a PRINCE2 project, the 7 principles must be applied. these principles will show on how well the project is carried out.
The themes of PRINCE2 refer to the seven principles that need to be referred to at all times during the project.
The processes refer to the steps that need to be followed. That is why the PRINCE 2 is referred to as a process driven project.
→ Does not offer the level of flexibility offered by some of the modern project management methodologies.
The project has to made fit to the PRINCE2's methodology (one of the principles, Tailor to suit the environment)
Learn from Experience
Roles & Responsibilities
Manage by stages
Manage by exception
Focus on products
Tailor to suit the environment
Starting up a Project (SU)
Initiating a Project (IP)
Directing a Project (DP)
Controlling a Stage (CS)
Managing Product Delivery (MP)
Managing stage boundaries (SB)
Closing a project (CP)