Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CMIN 101 (Fa '16) T08 - Wondering Your Way into Spiritual Conversations
Transcript of CMIN 101 (Fa '16) T08 - Wondering Your Way into Spiritual Conversations
- how Stephen Jobs recruited John Sculley (s.a.
The Power of Good Questions
“John, do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water, or do you want a chance to change the world?”
A good question alters things - it rearranged priorities here.
What questions did God ask in the OT or NT?
When God asks he isn’t seeking information, but he tries to heal our soul.
- small talk during the evening before the wedding
The Story of the Unasked Question
- there are risks in asking questions - but also great rewards
- a question that fits the moment
- result: a life is changed
- What are one or two things that are most important to you?
Good Questions for First Meetings
- Have you any dreams about life ten years from now?
- What makes you a genuinely happy person?
- What kinds of lessons have you learned the hard way?
- These questions help people to discover Jesus and his saving
work for themselves
Questions Leading to Jesus
- How did God seem to you when you were a child?
- When in your life did you ever feel God’s presence?
- Did you ever meet a person who impressed you by the way he/
she lived for God?
- What if God had purposes for your life that would make
everything fresh and new in your journey?
I love people who have deep convictions. I’m
how you arrived at the conclusion you feel so strongly about?
As you look back over your life, I’m
if you’ve had any experiences that might fall into the category of “God encounter?”
what kinds of experiences you’ve had that made you see church the way you do now?
- using questions to gain control of the conversation so that
you can get your point across
What Wondering is NOT
- a set of memorized questions to push someone toward
making a decision
- a springboard from which to launch into a monolog
There’s a lot about ourselves we will never know unless we open ourselves to the questions of those who care about us.
Asking questions is one of the most important functions to connect with someone’s mind and heart and lead them closer to God, a better understanding about themselves and about life.
- Where were you in the 7. grade?
- What was the warmest place or who was the warmest
person in your childhood?
- When in your life did you feel closest to God?