Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of My Heritage
and slowly sponsored the rest of
the family to America Important Facts in Vietnam History My family came from Southern Vietnam and
lived in the city of Saigon Culture is influenced by the Chinese, the French and (recently) the Western language and culture Vietnam War: 1945-1975
-a civil war, a result of differences on whether the country should be communist or not French Colonization: About 1845-1945
- they were the reason for the country being divided into the North, Central and South regions TRADITIONS AND CUSTOMS Originated from China The 1st son inherits everything and is the 2nd head of the family, just after the father Aunts and Uncles are titled with numbers according to their age Independence Day (from France): September 2 Chinese New Year (Lunar New Year Festival) or "Tet Nguyen Dan": Feb 2-7
- the young get money as blessings from older family members In the SOUTH offering food= friendship and love, eating it= accepting it language is vietnamese but terms/pronunciation differ by region (North/South/Central) National Dress :Áo Dài, means “long dress” Religion Buddhist Southern
Food Eat every part of everything: the FRESHER the BETTER Catholic Mostly influenced by the French AND... ALL DONE! :) Ex. Rice, Pork, or Fish...etc. Don't celebrate Birthdays -Instead celebrates when the child turns a month and a year old & SOURCES https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/vm.html http://www.vietnamembassy-usa.org/learn_about_vietnam/culture/beliefs_and_religions/ and my mommy