Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of The Sun
Avg. dis. from Earth 149.6 million km
Average density 1.41g/cm cubed
Period of rotation 25 days (equator); 35 days (poles)
What makes the Sun Unique
By the mid 19th century, astronomers had discovered that the sun was a hot ball of gas that is composed mostly of the elements of hydrogen and helium. Every second, 4 million tons of solar matter is converted to energy.
Civilizations have referred to the sun by different names.Gods and goddesses who represented the sun were worshipped in different cultures.
By:D'Wan Ellington, Timothy Windle,& Brittany Caldwell