Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The Sun
Avg. dis. from Earth 149.6 million km
Average density 1.41g/cm cubed
Period of rotation 25 days (equator); 35 days (poles)
What makes the Sun Unique
By the mid 19th century, astronomers had discovered that the sun was a hot ball of gas that is composed mostly of the elements of hydrogen and helium. Every second, 4 million tons of solar matter is converted to energy.
Civilizations have referred to the sun by different names.Gods and goddesses who represented the sun were worshipped in different cultures.
By:D'Wan Ellington, Timothy Windle,& Brittany Caldwell