Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Vague Pronouns
Examples When the car hit a tree, it made
a terrible noise. More examples Always refer clearly to a pronoun!Don't be vague or ambiguous.
A better form of this sentences is:
The car made a terrible noise when it hit the tree.
Here you can tell that the pronoun 'it' is referring to the antecedent 'car'.
Did the car make the noise or did the tree make the noise? The sentence is worded in a way that it's not clear. Although the motorcycle hit the tree, it was not damaged.
Vacation is coming soon, which is nice.
George worked in a national forest last summer. This may be his life's work.
(Is "it" the motorcycle or the tree?) (What is nice, the vacation or the fact that it is coming soon?)
(What word does "this" refer to?) Fix vague pronouns by replacing them
with specific nouns!