Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Devil in the Details
Transcript of The Devil in the Details
by Carlos Cortes
1. Is there a personification of a devil?
2. Who is the devil?
3. What details is the title pertaining to?
Setting and Time
Airport Check in Counter
April 04, 2002, Philippine Time
Narrator – Immigration Officer
Heinz Juergen Efkemann – German man
Master Peter Efkemann – Son of the Heinz & Cherilyn
Cherilyn Hawak Dayonot-Efkemann – Filipina from Cebu
The conflict in the story is that Mrs. Efkemann wouldn’t be able to go on their flight to Frankfurt because of an error in the date validity of her visa.
Mr. Efkemann had rebooked their flight for May 04, 2002.
Carlo Cortes is known for his award-winning short stories.
He was born in Cebu City, grew up in Mandaue, and now resides in Mactan.
His wife, the writer Maria Victoria Kapauan, has borne him two sons, Aethelstan Emil & Xavier Laurenco.
Longitude is his first novel.
Background of the Author
Mr. Efkemann and his family rebooked their flight instead of arguing with the immigration officer to let them go on their flight.
• Europäische Gemeinschaft – European Community
• Bundesrepublik Deutschland – Federal Republic of Germany
• Reisepass – Passport
• Cumbersome - Slow or complicated and therefore inefficient
Europäische Gemeinschaft – European Community
Bundesrepublik Deutschland – Federal Republic of Germany
Reisepass – Passport
Cumbersome - Slow or complicated and therefore inefficient
Lesson of the Story
When handling or filling up important forms or documents, we always have to double check all information from the date down to the more important stuff.