Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Leadership 3.0 Common Core-ize Your PD!
Transcript of Leadership 3.0 Common Core-ize Your PD!
Depth of Knowledge
Individually. . .
2. Generate a list of or
cognitive skills or
outcomes for students
that are at the
heart of the Common Core Standards.
Your Turn To Apply!
In pairs or trios, use either your own material/idea or the Depth of Knowledge PowerPoint, to try your hand at transforming a
into a learner centered, meaning making activity!
3b. Group Storm!
One Way To Transform a PowerPoint Presentation Into Learner Centered Experience
1. Create your Learning Outcomes/Targets: What participants will be able to DO with the new knowledge.
Common Core-ize Your PD or Lessons!
Executive Director Core Learning
Alameda County Office of Education
You will identify Common Core principles and instructional strategies.
a. Share Your Ideas with a partner
You will use an instructional planning tool based on Common core instructional principles to
presentation or lesson
into an experience where particpants 'construct their own meaning' .
3a. Thinking of the outcomes or principles you defined, list
pedagogical structures - tools
teachers or students would be engaged
in an exemplary Common Core classroom
Form groups of 4
1. Define or give synonyms for the word:
Choose a volunteer to add your group's ideas to the Padlet
2. Choose resources for participants to use to make meaning
3. Design facilitated learning experiences. Include individual, small
group, & whole group interactions to help them make meaning
4. Include formative assessment opportunities at key 'chunks'
* Look back: Where would a technology tool enhance an activity?
5. Design a meaningful application for the new knowledge
Find another group, share
your ideas for the
Together. . .
b. Listen to your partners ideas
c. Note similarities-differences
How: Our Theory of Action
Define Meaningful Real World Outcome(s)
Meaning Making Resources
using the 4 C's:
Why learn this?
What can I do with it?
What is it really?
What is at the core?
Where and how can technology ENHANCE learning activities?
Communication: Twitter, Blog, Back channel (Today's Meet), Slideshare
Collaboration: Google Doc/Plus, Padlet, Edmodo, Skype
Critical Thinking: Google docs, Socrative, MindNode(Mac/iOS), FreeMind, Coggle, etc
Creativity: Blog, wevideo/iMovie, Prezi, Keynote, Explain Everything, Book Creator, Paper by 53, SlideShare, Glogster, Screencast-o-matic,
Visula Literacy strategies: http://www.edutopia.org/blog/ccia-10-visual-literacy-strategies-todd-finley
learning Path: Collaborating enhances critical thinking- http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/ejournals/JTE/v7n1/gokhale.jte-v7n1.html?ref=Sawos.Org
Pick One To Evaluate:
LOC PD Modules:
Math Shell Center: http://map.mathshell.org/static/draft/pd/modules/1_Formative_Assessment/html/index.htm
“Put simply, formative assessment looks at ends
as a way of deciding whether means
need to be changed.”
W. James Popham, University of California, Los Angeles