Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Light and Shading in Maus
Transcript of Light and Shading in Maus
2. How does the shading help transitions in the story?
3. How does the lighting affect what we infer and predict from the story?
4. How do you think this applies to other visual stories and mediums? Conclusion The effect of light and shading connection to the past grey shading create a smooth transition disconnect from the present /image of the storyteller Contrast: hope, blending: hopelessness
Clean shading (straight lines): creates a brighter, lighter atmosphere. Messy Shading (short, criss-crossed lines): creates feeling of chaos and darkness Atmosphere contributes, with other factors, to suggest a certain type of future shading is also used to suggest a hidden intent or reveal a certain emotion Nazi presence will cause unexpected change of their livelihood Black figure: shows hidden emotion/intent
Lucia will do something, possibly menacing Anja might not be as happy as others, hiding something Forshadowing black background Scene Changes black figures (end of chapter) Again, black figures for transition
(this time into the past) Transitions? similar shading 1. shading matches for a smooth transition into the next scene
2. use of solid black and white blocks to disconnect from the present and the image of the storyteller lights dark background black figures dark, menacing background black, hopeless figures oblivious boy shadows, turned back,
danger black figures:
inside secrets? dark interior, black figure, horrified dark, figures all around,
crowded, tense overall very grey,
dreary stark contrast
harsh nature and atmosphere black background Very dark shading of figures white ropes Ropes > mice ? Atmosphere? 1. Contrast: hope, blending: hopelessness
2. Clean shading (straight lines): creates a brighter, lighter atmosphere. Messy Shading (short, criss-crossed lines): creates feeling of chaos and darkness White figures Darker Shading - staring at the nazi flag
- suddenly darker shading
- going to sanitarium (quality of life)
- suicidal (survival) Black figure - slouched figure
- desperate tone dark shading for a portrait - portraits are usually brighter (see person better)
- covered in winter clothing (protecting or hiding?) Atmosphere contributes, with other factors, to suggest a certain type of future shading is also used to suggest a hidden intent or reveal a certain emotion Thank you!!