Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Biculturalism
school in the states...
living in the US for 5 years....I started to feel and wanted to be "American". Why couldn't I be American? No American name? Middle name? Why did I even have to go to "Japanese school"?
but I am Japanese
for others, I do look Japanese, I am Japanese, therefore, I had to be Japanese...
back in Japan...
despite the feeling that I wanted to return to the states....I had to assimilate back to my home country....
born in Japan....
<international day event at elementary school>
I am who I am.
Proud to be a Japanese. Proud to "feel" American. Bilingual and bicultural, I am who I am. I am not choosing one. I am both.
<International Day @ NPS>
Rie Tada / TFL Japanese