Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Intro to Public Relations
Transcript of Intro to Public Relations
Sadie D. Wilks, APR
Tw: @sadiepr #Manship3010
Ofc: 210 Hodges Hall
M, W 10:00-11:00 a.m.
2:30- 3:30 p.m.
T, Th 3:00-4:00 p.m.
Better understand the field of PR and its role in society
Better understand career trends and employment opportunities
Understand the PR process, and fundamental skills needed to succeed
What is PR?
Language and culture
Research-based communication models
Design & visual communication
What PR is not:
Information in Context
PR Practitioners are experts in:
Some Components of PR:
Read Chapters 1 & 2
THINK Public Relations
THINK Public Relations (2013) by Wilcox, Cameron, Reber and Shin
Lectures (Prezi) and information posted in Moodle
T, Th from 1:30 - 2:50 p.m.
in 139 Allen
In class exercises
Pop quizzes (online and print)
5-10 pop quizzes (40% of grade)
Bonus points possible